- September 2013: Hanover, NH. Commercial Logic today announced a new version of TrakTime Central for Quickbooks. TCentral 2013 adds powerful new reporting options to this highly regarded product. Moreover, TCentral 2013 now supports QuickBooks Enterprise in addition to QB Pro and Premier. Commercial Logic is a licensed QB developer.(News Release)
- February 2013: Commercial Logic today announced a new release of TrakTime for APS Advance. Commercial Logic adapted its own highly regard timesheet for use by its APS clients in 2012 and is now issuing its first set of enhancements to that product. (News Release)
- December 2012: CLI announce the release of a Hosted Solution for PowerPM, a major upgrade to its highly regarded PowerPM practice management software. Hosted Solution allows firms to access their PowerPM database anywhere, anytime. (News Release)
- October 2012: Advance Resource Planning (RP) is a major new release from APS that delivers next generation scheduling and resource allocation for professional service firms. (News Release)
- October 2012: CLI releases Enhanced Reporting for PowerPM, providing 64-bit Windows capability and easy export to Excel for that extensive reporting system.(News Release)
- March 2012: CLI releases Staffing Manager for APS Advance. This utility for our APS customers allow them to make bulk replacement of partners, managers, and staff assigned to clients and matters.
- Why Technologies Fail by Peter D. Coburn. This article seeks to examine the systemic reasons why new systems so often fail to achieve the ROI expected at the outset of the project.
- Right-sizing Your Firm by Darren Shirlaw. His thesis is that profitability for service firms does not rise smoothly with head-count and that some levels of staffing are inherently unprofitable.
- On Value Billing by Peter D. Coburn. Report on a seminar from Mark Baker of the Verasage Institute and Ed Kless of Sage. Is the billable hour still the best business model for CPA firms?
- On the Future of the Accounting Business by Peter D. Coburn. The renewable business of CPAs is being eroded by the likes of H&R Block on the one hand and large national and regional firms reaching further down-market on the other. This article discusses the possibilities of one new and largely untapped market opportunity.
- On the Hill, a blog by Brian Coventry, Managing Director of APS in the UK. Favorite quote: "It is unwise to pay too much, but it is worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that is it. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable...Read More
- November 28 & 29, 2013: Thanksgiving Holiday, CLI will be closed.
- December 24, 2013 through Janurary 1, 2014:CLI will be closed for a holiday break.
New Product Releases
- September 2013: Commercial Logic is pleased to announce the release of nineteen additional reports, a few enhancements and a few corrections in Version 1.60 of PowerPM Enhanced Reporting. See Release Notes
- July 2013: Commercial Logic is pleased to announce the release of five additional reports and one correction in Version 1.50 of PowerPM Enhanced Reports. See Release Notes.
- June 2013: PowerPM 6.20c is now available for download. Note that there are two versions, one for clients that have installed Enhanced Reporting (ER) and the other for clients that have not installed ER. Refer to the Release Notes: PowerPM 6.20c for ER Clients or non ER to read about the changes for this update.
- April 2013: CLI is pleased to announce the release of twelve additional reports (includes one new report, Comparative WIP/Billings/Receipts) to our PowerPM Enhanced Reporting in Version 1.40 as well as two new features... Read More